CHINA: Huiyuan Juice set for Hong Kong listing
Huiyuan Juice, one of China's few national juice brands, looks set to start its initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The IPO is expected to begin tomorrow and shares are expected to formally begin trading on 23 February.
The company, in which French group Danone owns a 22.2% stake, is reportedly looking to raise up to HK$2.4bn (US$308m) from the listing.
However, when contacted by just-drinks today (7 February), Huiyuan's chief spokesperson refused to confirm the reports.
Huiyuan is said to be looking to expand capacity with new plants and upgrade its sales network. The company's position as China's leading brand in the premium 100% juice market should attract investors. The firm has a 42% market share in pure juices and 40% in nectars.
Pure juices are a small part of China's fast-growing juice drinks market but rising awareness of nutrition and increasing wealth is expected to increase demand for such vitamin-rich products.
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Danone has posted a slip in group net profit for the first six months of 2007....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
Evian North America has appointed a new president and general manager....
Frucor Beverages has acquired the assets and brands of the Arano juice business in New Zealand....
A senior French diplomat has called for "an amicable settlement" to the long-running row between Danone and Hangzhou Wahaha in China....
Danone has teamed up with fashion label Quinze to launch what it calls the first range of natural mineral water-based drinks specifically dedicated to the male market....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report