HONG KONG: Huiyuan Juice Group to buy fruit juice supplier
The deal includes China Huiyuan Industry Holding's debt
China Huiyuan Juice Group is to buy a fruit and vegetable juice concentrate and puree maker from a major shareholder for HKD4.939bn (US$636m).
The deal for China Huiyuan Industry Holding includes HKD1.521bn in debt, according to a filing on the Hong Kong stock exchange yesterday (23 May). The Beijing company is currently owned by China Hui Yuan Holdings, which holds a 41.9% stake in Huiyuan Juice.
According to the filing, China Huiyuan Industry Holding produces 380,000 tonnes of fruit juice concentrates and purees every year and is one of the major suppliers of raw materials for Huiyuan Juice.
The takeover will allow Huiyuan Juice to further tap into China’s fruit and vegetable juice beverage market, which has continued to grow over the past few years on the back of rising demand for natural and healthy products, the filing said.
Last year, Huiyuan Juice, which claims its juice and nectars have a 54% market share in China by sales volumes, said it was moving into the wine sector.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts