Product Launch - US: House Spirits Distillery’s Westward Oregon Straight Malt Whiskey
Click through to view House Spirits Distillery’s Westward Oregon Straight Malt Whiskey
House Spirits Distillery’s Westward Oregon Straight Malt Whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, American, Oregon, 45% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, specifically California and Oregon, in on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of US$49.99 per 37.5cl bottle
Distribution - Origin Beverage
Oregon-based craft distiller House Spirits Distillery has added to its portfolio in the US. Westward Oregon joins Aviation American Gin and Krogstad Aquavit on the firm’s roster.
The American whiskey will roll out in New York and Washington DC in April. Other US states will take stock “within the next few months”.
House Spirits Distillery, the Portland-based craft distillery known for the award-winning Aviation American Gin, announced today the launch of Westward Oregon Straight Malt Whiskey.
Westward is an original malt whiskey that is inspired by the Irish tradition, but crafted in a unique and distinctively American style. Every hand-numbered bottle begins with a wash of 100 percent locally sourced Northwest two-row barley, which is then fermented with Scottish and American ale yeasts and double pot distilled for exceptional character and depth. This rare spirit matures in full-size, two-char new American oak barrels for at least two years, allowing Oregon’s dry, hot summers and wet, cold winters to contribute to its rich, smooth flavor.
“Christian and I are whiskey lovers at heart, so it seemed only natural for us to take that passion and turn it into a uniquely flavorful malt whiskey that fellow whiskey lovers will enjoy,” said Thomas Mooney, co-owner and CEO of House Spirits.
Available immediately in California and Oregon, Westward whiskey will be available in New York and DC in April, and it will roll out to other markets over the next few months. The anticipated retail price for a 375ml bottle is $49.99. West Coast retailers stocking Westward include The Wine House, K&L Wine Merchants, Beltramo’s, San Francisco Wine Traders, Hi-Time Liquor, and Cask. Leading restaurants and bars pouring Westward include Seven Grand, Wood and Vine, Ray’s and Stark, Chateau Marmont, and Son of a Gun.
Christian Krogstad, the founder and master distiller of House Spirits, added that “we have taken something rooted in tradition and created an inventive, new style of whiskey that captures the terroir of the Northwest.”
Original source: Company Release
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research