GERMANY: Holsten to offload fruit juice business to concentrate on beer
Holsten-Bruerei AG has announced plans to dispose of the fruit juice operations of its subsidiary Emig AG of Rellingen, so that it can concentrate on its brewing and marketing business.At a meeting on December 22 shareholders will be asked to approve the transfer of all fruit juice manufacturing from Emig to a new company Erpel mbH & Co KG.Holsten, which owns a 65% stake in Emig, will then sell Erpel if the minimum sale price is agreed. The proposed sale is also conditional on the agreement of the remaining Emig private shareholders.Once Erpel is sold Emig will retain its mineral water and soft drinks manufacturing at two plants in Lehnin and Trappenkamp. Currently Emig produces around 7m hectolitres of fruit juice annually at Calvoerde and Waibstadt in Germany and at its Polish factory and employs 550 staff. Once the sale of Erpel is complete output in the Trappenkamp and Lehnin regions will be around 3m hectolitres, a turnover of DM172m ($75.4m).Holsten was forced to downgrade its 2000 forecast of the financial year due to the cool, wet summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future