GERMANY: Holsten seeking strategic partner
Andreas Rost, chief executive of Holsten was today quoted in the UK newspaper the Financial Times as saying: "We cannot afford to just stand by and look at the things happening around us."
He said the company was aiming at a 20% market share in Germany.
Some 48% of the company's stock is held by the US investor Christian Eisenbeiss. But according to the FT report, Eisenbeiss has given the green light for the search for a partner, in order to raise capital to buy domestic and international brewers.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future