GERMANY: Holsten seeking strategic partner
Andreas Rost, chief executive of Holsten was today quoted in the UK newspaper the Financial Times as saying: "We cannot afford to just stand by and look at the things happening around us."
He said the company was aiming at a 20% market share in Germany.
Some 48% of the company's stock is held by the US investor Christian Eisenbeiss. But according to the FT report, Eisenbeiss has given the green light for the search for a partner, in order to raise capital to buy domestic and international brewers.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman