GERMANY: Holsten offloads two German breweries
Holsten has sold its stakes in two German breweries. German rival Bitburger has bought out Holsten's holdings in Licher Privatbrauerei and Konig-Brauerei, leaving Holsten to focus on its business in northern Germany.
The sale is subject to agreement at Holsten's general meeting.
Holsten sold its water and soft drinks business earlier this month when it sold its 65.1% stake in Hansa-Brunnen AG of Rellingen to Lange-HANSA-Holding GmbH of Wohltorf.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK