UK: Holsten launches new ad campaign
Holsten UK is unveiling a new advertising campaign for Holsten Pils to stimulate sales and generate increased brand visibility through to Christmas.
The campaign's central theme is the product quality of Holsten Pils, having been brewed to the same 16th Century German Purity Law using just three natural ingredients - water, barley malt and hops. The executions depict 400+-year-old fictional German characters going about the business of brewing Holsten Pils in a spritely and youthful manner within the modern Holsten brewery.
Using prosthetics made by the same team who produced those for Lord of the Rings, the executions communicate the centuries-old brewing integrity of Holsten Pils while, at the same time, incorporating a humorous and modern twist to ensure relevance to today's consumer.
A multi media campaign will be implemented to extend reach and includes national outdoor 96- and 48-sheet premium site posters in key urban areas that run from May to November in two week bursts. Press advertising in men's magazines - FHM, Maxim, Loaded, 4-4-2 and Esquire - will run from June to December.
In a statement, Ben Peters, director of marketing at Holsten UK, said: "Our new campaign clearly communicates … that Holsten Pils is a superior quality product because it is brewed to the 16th Century Purity Law. This new campaign underlines the core product benefits of natural ingredients, purity and authenticity. The different executions are impactful, arresting and compelling and embody the brand's communication ethos of 'substance over style'."
The campaign forms part of a £12m investment behind Holsten Pils this year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends