GERMANY: Holsten concentrates on what it knows best
German brewer Holsten-Brauerei AG intends to expand its brand portfolio and will concentrate on beer production, said chairman Andreas Rost.More German beer brands are on the shopping list and the brewer has raised DM 75m for further acquisitions.Negotiations are also taking with the UK company Gerber Foods Ltd to buy Holsten's subsidiary Emig, which produces soft drinks and mineral water. Rost said Emig was a "non-core activity" and would be sold imminently. Emig produces brands Hella and St. Michaelis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down