Product Launch - UK: Hogs Back Brewery's Hogstar
Click through to view an image of the bottle
Hogs Back Brewery's Hogstar
Category - Beer, “craft” lager, unpasteurised, 4.5% abv
Available - Launching today (3 December)
Location - UK, in Majestic Wine Warehouses in the south-east, selected stores of Wine Rack, Budgens, Co-op and Booker, and on draught in the on-trade
Price - RRP GBP1.85 (US$3) per bottle
Distribution (off-trade) - Branded Drinks
English brewer Hogs Back is today (3 December) launching a new “craft” lager in the UK, as it looks to capitalise on the emerging trend.
Hogstar, with a 4.5% abv, will be sold unpasteurised in bottles and kegs. The privately-owned Surrey-based firm said the beer has a “distinctive, gently-hopped aroma and a fuller, fruitier taste than many lagers, and shows a good balance between sweetness and bitterness”.
Rupert Thompson, Hogs Back’s chairman, said: “Hogstar’s launch is right at the beginning of what will be a major and exciting change in the lager market, with many new lagers challenging the old global brands.
"Our aim is to attract a younger drinker interested in a greater depth of flavour and aroma, and we have had a very good response from women as well as men."
Earlier this year, fellow south-east brewer Fuller's launched its own craft lager, Frontier, while Midlands brewer Marston's also released a craft lager called Revisionist.
To read an exclusive just-drinks' comment piece on UK brewers looking to capitalise on the wider craft trend, click here.
New, unique analysis of the online sales of beer, wines and spirits (“BWS”) in the UK market, based on actual ePOS data from 11 leading online retailers. No modelling, no guesswork....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018