Product Launch - UK: Hogs Back Brewery's Hogstar
Click through to view an image of the bottle
Hogs Back Brewery's Hogstar
Category - Beer, “craft” lager, unpasteurised, 4.5% abv
Available - Launching today (3 December)
Location - UK, in Majestic Wine Warehouses in the south-east, selected stores of Wine Rack, Budgens, Co-op and Booker, and on draught in the on-trade
Price - RRP GBP1.85 (US$3) per bottle
Distribution (off-trade) - Branded Drinks
English brewer Hogs Back is today (3 December) launching a new “craft” lager in the UK, as it looks to capitalise on the emerging trend.
Hogstar, with a 4.5% abv, will be sold unpasteurised in bottles and kegs. The privately-owned Surrey-based firm said the beer has a “distinctive, gently-hopped aroma and a fuller, fruitier taste than many lagers, and shows a good balance between sweetness and bitterness”.
Rupert Thompson, Hogs Back’s chairman, said: “Hogstar’s launch is right at the beginning of what will be a major and exciting change in the lager market, with many new lagers challenging the old global brands.
"Our aim is to attract a younger drinker interested in a greater depth of flavour and aroma, and we have had a very good response from women as well as men."
Earlier this year, fellow south-east brewer Fuller's launched its own craft lager, Frontier, while Midlands brewer Marston's also released a craft lager called Revisionist.
To read an exclusive just-drinks' comment piece on UK brewers looking to capitalise on the wider craft trend, click here.
New, unique analysis of the online sales of beer, wines and spirits (“BWS”) in the UK market, based on actual ePOS data from 11 leading online retailers. No modelling, no guesswork....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report