UK: Hogg to stand down at Allied Domecq
He is to be succeeded by Gerry Robinson who joins the board as a non-executive director with immediate effect. Hogg (65) has been chairman of the drinks group for six years.
The British company, whose brands include Stolichnaya vodka, Sauza tequila and Beefeater gin, said Robinson, a former chairman of TV group Granada Plc, would join Allied on Friday as a non-executive director and then take over from Hogg as non-executive chairman on March 31.
"On 31 March I will have completed six years as chairman and I told my board colleagues some time ago that I wanted to retire at this stage," Hogg said in a statement.
An Allied spokesman said that as a non-executive chairman Robinson would act as an independent individual on behalf of shareholders rather than take a direct role in day-to-day management next to Chief Executive Philip Bowman.Robinson helped mastermind Granada's complex 17.5 billion pound ($24.73 billion) merger/demerger with catering group Compass and remains a non-executive director of the British broadcaster.
Companies: Allied Domecq
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts