US: HOD group Vermont posts "pleasing" Q3
US home and office water supplier Vermont Pure Holdings has said it is "pleased" with rising sales and earnings during its third quarter, traditionally its strongest period of the year.
The company yesterday (14 September) posted a 9% lift in gross profit to US$9.9m on the back of an 8% increase in sales to US$16.5m.
Earnings were given a boost from a one-time gain of US$750,000 after the company settled a legal dispute during the quarter.
Vermont CEO Peter Baker said: "We are pleased with the results of what is typically our strongest financial quarter adding momentum to what had already been a year of improvement. We have largely been able to maintain margins in our core product categories despite higher energy, commodity, and raw material prices."
The company, the third-largest HOD water supplier in the US, also produces the Crystal Rock bottled water brand.
Coca-Cola Içecek has rebranded one of its HOD waters....
Palm Springs, the Australian water cooler distribution firm bought last month by Coca-Cola Amatil, has changed its name....
Coca-Cola Amatil has closed its acquisition of Australian water cooler distribution firm Palm Springs....
Australian water producer Refresh Group has again warned of a "near-monopoly" in the country's HOD sector after it decided not to bid for water cooler distribution firm Palm Springs....
Coca-Cola Amatil is confident that it will seal the takeover of Australian water cooler distribution firm Palm Springs despite mooted rival interest....
A clause in Coca-Cola Amatil's takeover deal with Australian water cooler distribution firm Palm Springs looks to have blocked the chances of a rival bid from local water producer Refresh Group....
Nestlé Waters is to merge its operations in Turkey with local bottled water group Erikli....
Australian water producer Refresh Group has warned that Coca-Cola Amatil's acquisition of water cooler distribution firm Palm Springs could lead to job losses at the company and a "near-monopoly" in t...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends