INDIA: HLL may drop half its tea brands
Hindustan Lever Ltd (HLL) has hinted that as part of its plans to re-structure its portfolio it may phase out half of its 20 brands operating in the tea business, which accounts for approximately 20% of its topline. A report by the Hindu Business Line also claims that the company, which has just unveiled plans to enter into the Hyderabad ready-to-drink (RTD) segment with Lipton Ice Tea has reportedly earmarked investments for a state of the art manufacturing plant for its RTD products (details of the investment were not disclosed).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne