HONG KONG: HK's Bigsavewine.com just gets bigger
Hong Kong-based internet wine sellers bigsavewine.com is planning to expand its operation into other Asian cities.Bigsavewine offers around 300 varieties at discounted prices and allows its online consumers to buy wines individually rather than by the case.The e-venture is part of a larger bigsave.com company owned by Hong Kong-listed Regent Pacific.Managing director Al Chalabi told just-drinks.com that he is looking to move into Korea next. Taiwan and Thailand are also being considered.The move into Korea will piggy-back on the Regent Pacific-owned Korea Online financial services portal. "People like the convenience of e-commerce as purchasing after you are familiar with a wine and knowwhat you want is a chore," says Al Chalabi."You generally do not get a good price until you buy a case but this way you can get a mix of wines and still at a good price."David RobertsonAsia-Pacific correspondent
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages