Product Launch - UK: HJ Heinz Co's LOL
Click through to view HJ Heinz Co's LOL range
HJ Heinz Co's LOL
Category - Soft drink, fruit juice, sparkling
Available - Since mid-June
Location - UK, already available in Australia and New Zealand
Price - GBP0.99 (US$1.59) per 25cl can
HJ Heinz Co has launched a sparkling fruit juice in the UK aimed at teenagers and parents.
LOL is 75% fruit juice and contains “one of your five a day”, according to Heinz. It contains no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial colours, no preservatives and no caffeine, the company said.
LOL comes in three flavours: O Ranj (apple and orange); Razz Bri (apple and raspberry); and B Current (apple and blackcurrant).
New drink brand - LOLTM - is to be launched in the UK in mid-June, following its huge success in Australia and New Zealand.
Aimed at teenagers, the lightly sparkling drink is a blend of 75% fruit juice with 25% carbonated water, which can be consumed straight from the can or enjoyed over ice in a tall glass.
LOL has been created to offer teenagers a fun and refreshing drink that contains ‘one of your five a day’, as every can has a portion of fruit juice, making it appealing to parents. In addition, the drink contains no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial colours, no preservatives and no caffeine.
With an RRSP of £0.99, LOL comes in a single serve 250ml can and is available in 3 flavours:
- O Ranj (Apple and Orange)
- Razz Bri (Apple and Raspberry), and
- B Current (Apple and Blackcurrant)
LOL is produced by H.J.Heinz Company and Ali Wilkes, Marketing Lead for LOL commented:
“We’re really excited about launching LOL to the UK market. We know that the taste, fizz and fun packaging really appeal to teens. Parents are also reassured that LOL can offer their children ‘one of their five a day’. We hope you will join us in looking forward to a summer of LOL!”
Furthermore, LOL will be sampled to over 300,000 teenagers this summer, ranging from high profile events such as T4 on the Beach and Rockness, through to shopping malls and beaches, as part of an event sponsorship campaign. The campaign will also be supported with social media activity and print media advertising. Point of sale will be available to retailers to drive impulse purchase.
Original source: Company Release
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020