US: Hiram Walker brings pomegranate to schnapps
Hiram Walker is set to introduce the first pomegranate schnapps to the US market.
The Pernod Ricard-owned brand confirmed yesterday (18 July) that it was releasing Hiram Walker Pomegranate this summer. Like all of the 36 flavours in the Hiram Walker stable, Hiram Walker Pomegranate Schnapps is made with only natural flavours, the company noted.
"The pomegranate flavour trend is about to tip in the on-premise," said Ron Zussman, brand director for Hiram Walker at Pernod Ricard USA. "We're offering a real solution versus juice that spoils quickly and other pomegranate liqueurs that are significantly more expensive."
The launch will be supported by marketing initiatives and both on- and off-premise point of sale materials. "We're excited to have a great-tasting new flavour that captures consumer imagination, and we're working on several other initiatives with the support of Pernod Ricard USA, which is dedicated to solidifying the brand's presence as a leading player in the dynamic liqueurs category," concluded Zussman.
The drink will be available in 50ml, 750ml and 1-litre sizes and will be sold - along with other Hiram Walker Schnapps flavours - at a suggested retail price of US$9.99-11.99 for the 750ml.
Hiram Walker joined the Pernod stable when the French company bought Allied Domecq last year.
Earlier this year, Heaven Hill Distilleries launched a pomegranate liqueur in the US, while Pearl Vodka released the first super-premium pomegranate vodka in the country late last year.
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
The outlook in Champagne is upbeat, with sales on the increase in France and export markets, and the prospect of continued growth. However, writes Richard Woodard, challenges remain for Champagne ship...
The president and CEO of Corby Distilleries is to stand down....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
Malibu-Kahlúa International, the US-based Pernod Ricard subsidiary that manages the Malibu brand, has unveiled new-look packaging for the Caribbean flavoured rum. The packaging is the first of what wi...
Havana Club International, the rum joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, plans to open a distillery on the island....
Pernod Ricard has added to its Martell Cognac portfolio with the launch of Martell Création Grand Extra in travel retail outlets....
The holding company for the Ricard family and the Dutch finance arm of Japanese brewer Kirin have upped their joint stake in Pernod Ricard....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends