UK: Hilltop Wines to promote Oregon state
The Oregon Wine Board has appointed a team to promote its interests in the UK.
The team, under the auspices of UK sales and marketing group Hilltop Wines, will set out to raise the awareness of Oregon as a "world-class wine-producing region".
Mike Coveney, founder of Hilltop Wines, said: "The team are really excited about this new project. Oregon wines have been under-represented in the UK for many years, but we are confident that working in partnership with carefully targeted importers we can establish a base from which Oregon wine can grow."
Coveney, formerly of Delicato, will be joined by Carol Sturch and Kate Sweet in boosting the presence of Oregon's wines in the UK.
Ted Farthing of the Oregon Wine Board added: "We are delighted with the appointment of Hilltop Wines to handle our new UK strategy. We are confident that the team there represents a great source of experience within the trade and a level-headed approach to ensure a successful outcome."
Concluding just-drinks’ harvest reports for 2006, we cross the Atlantic to take a look at the 2006 crop in the US. Anne Brockhoff reviews the harvest in the country’s largest and most prominent wine r...
Delicato Family Vineyards is abandoning corks completely in favour of alternative closures....
Delicato Family Vineyards has announced the introduction of Delicato Family Vineyards' 2004 Pinot Grigio....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Belvedere unveils executive team