GER: Hillebrand sells stake to Belgian investors
Wine and spirits logistics giant JF Hillebrand has finalised a deal to sell a stake in the company.
Belgium-based private equity group COBEPA has bought a 40% interest from unnamed family shareholders in JF Hillebrand. Financial details surrounding the deal were not disclosed.
JF Hillebrand chief executive Gerard Desbois said today (15 November): "The finalisation of this project clearly highlights the high level of attraction our company represents for long-term investors, as well as their confidence in our growth potential and our existing business model."
The remaining 60% shareholding in JF Hillebrand is split equally between Japanese group Mitsui OSK Lines and the company's management.
COBEPA, which is owned by several large European industrial families, has interests in fields as diverse as ID, vehicle repair, medical publishing and aids for the deaf and blind.
When talks between JF Hillebrand and COBEPA were made public last month, the logistics' firm's sales and marketing director, Pierre Bonel, told just-drinks that there would be no "drastic" changes at the company.
"(The deal) is not going to mean any changes in strategy or focus or anything like that," Bonel said.
JF Hillebrand, which is headquartered in Germany, has 36 offices in 22 countries and employs 950 people worldwide.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014