UK: Hillebrand agrees Sainsbury SA deal
"We are delighted in the confidence Sainsbury's has shown in giving us the opportunity to manage their New World Wine WCCs", commented David Mawer, business development director at FFG Hillebrand.
Sainsbury's hopes the WCC concept will deliver increased product availability, shorter supplier lead times, reduced minimum product order quantities and reduced UK stock holding. Suppliers are responsible for maintaining pre-agreed safety stock levels in the export warehouse, with full visibility of stock, both in the warehouse and in transit, being provided through Axis, Hillebrand's web-based order management tool.
"Sainsbury's can now order a mix of products available for export in the South African and Chilean WCCs on Thursday of week 1, filling a 40ft container, confident that the consolidated container will then be shipped the following weekend," Hillebrand said.
Mawer added: "There is a growing trend to focus more on the total supply chain cost to the business, rather than on individual parts. Businesses are recognizing that apparent savings made in particular areas may not necessarily translate into an overall cost saving to the business. Working closely with customers, the Hillebrand Group has clearly demonstrated that it has the tool set to deliver these overall business savings."
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Recently published research indicates that while consumers have taken to the clear and modern marketing techniques employed by New World producers, they still cherish the romance and mystique of wine,...
Seven French wine co-operatives have joined forces to create a brand to compete with its New World rivals....
US wine and spirits distributor New World Brands has appointed David Rudden as CEO....
UBS has begun its coverage of the Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro (VCO)....
Vincor International has reported a 46% increase in first quarter sales, compared to the same period last year, to C$165.8m, following its acquisition of Western Wines in July last year....
The Norwegian drinks distributor Arcus is to launch its own Argentine wine brand....
The French wine industry's troubles are unlikely to be helped by this year's harvest as preliminary figures predict a bumper crop, placing more pressure on winemakers who are still struggling to sell ...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US