UK: Hillebrand acquires Trans Ocean Distribution
JF Hillebrand Group has acquired the UK-based Trans Ocean Distribution for an undisclosed price.
The acquisition will result in an organisational framework that will maintain the two existing brand names, the companies said earlier this week. Brendan McKenna, president of Trans Ocean Distribution, will join the executive board of JF Hillebrand.
"The combination of Trans Ocean Distribution's unique and proven expertise in designing and manufacturing flexitanks for non-hazardous bulk liquids, alongside JF Hillebrand's leading position in global beverage logistics, will offer to the beverage industry a strong market leader that can tailor a full and unique range of service solutions to a wide spectrum of logistics requirements," a statement from Hillebrand said.
"JF Hillebrand Group's global presence and expertise in freight forwarding, development of tracking tools and ocean freight management will supplement and support Trans Ocean Distribution's development of their strong market position in industrial, food and latex products transportation."
Hillebrand said it believes the combined organisational skills of both companies will be complimentary in locations where both companies presently operate.
Trans Ocean Distribution, headquartered in Southampton in the UK, employs 250 people in six offices globally, and reported a EUR76m (US$102m) turnover in 2006.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts