AUSTRALIA: Hill Wine Group goes into administration
The Hill Wine Group, which owns the Basedow, Marienberg and Fern Hill Estate wineries, has called in an administrator. Managing director, Terry Hill, said that a "litany of tragedies" over the development of a A$16m warehouse and distribution facility in Sydney had prompted the appointment of Ferrier Hodgson to restructure the group.
Hill said that the intention was not to sell the company but to get back in business "as soon as possible". He added that he expected the company, which employs 120 people, to remain in administration for the next 30 to 60 days.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch