UK: Hijos de Rivera targets health clubs with "alcohol-free" beer
The non-alcoholic beer was launched in bottles in 2012
Hijos de Rivera is to launch a keg version of its "alcohol-free" Estrella Galicia 0.0% in the UK as it seeks to expand on-trade sales of its Estrella Galicia brand into health clubs.
The Spanish brewer said today (20 June) that a new UK marketing campaign for Estrella Galicia 0.0% will include a push for listings of the keg in non-pub venues. It said the beer, which contains 0.04% alcohol but is deemed "alcohol-free" in the UK, has the “potential” to enter health and sports centres.
“We’re looking forward to offering a great alternative to the run-of-the-mill sweeter-style soft drinks in the alcohol-free sector,” a spokesperson for Hijos de Rivera said.
The brewer says that Estrella Galicia 0.0% is brewed using the same recipe as the brand’s 4.7% lager, with the alcohol removed after the brewing process. It claims the draught kegs will be the first non-alcoholic ones to appear in the UK market. Estrella Galicia 0.0% has been available in the UK in 25cl bottles since 2012.
The marketing push will also off-trade support for the 25cl bottles and tickets to the Estrella Galicia-sponsored MotoGP.
No financial details of the campaign have been disclosed.
In November, a Hijos de Rivera executive told just-drinks Estrella Galicia has found success in Brazil as consumers trade up to premium beers.
Beer Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Beer Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Beer consumption in East Europe. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast c...read more
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research