UK: Hijackers steal Christian Audigier luxury Champagne
A van load of 120 cases of Christian Audigier Champagne, worth GBP125,000, has been hijacked on its way to the wine's global launch party in central London, according to the event organisers.
Celebrity guests at the launch party, including Peter Andre and footballer Jermaine Defoe, were left sipping Christian Audigier's fine wine range and rival Champagne brands, after the entire Audigier Champagne load was stolen.
Police were called to Movida nightclub, the venue for the launch, in London's West End yesterday afternoon, organisers said today (2 July).
A spokesperson for the event told just-drinks that the van transporting the Champagne, which she said is worth around GBP125,000, was hijacked.
"It was supposed to be the global launch, so it was a difficult situation for us with quite a few celebrities due to attend. Fortunately, we managed to get them some of Christian Audigier's fine wine range instead," she said.
"The police were called and it's an ongoing investigation," she added. It is believed that some of the incident may have been caught on CCTV.
Fashion designer Christian Audigier has launched two namesake Champagnes, a premier cru and a rose, to be sold at top bars, nightclubs and luxury retailers. He already has a fine wine range on the market.
A spokesperson for the brand told just-drinks that "new stock is already coming through to the UK".
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp