UK: Highland Spring nets deal with tennis star
UK-based bottled water producer Highland Spring has teamed up with the country's number one tennis player Andy Murray.
Murray, ranked 17 in the world, began sporting the Highland Spring logo at the Qatar Open in Doha yesterday (1 January).
"We're so enthusiastic about supporting Andy as his winning spirit is a breath of fresh air," said Sally Stanley, marketing director of Highland Spring. "He is a fantastic ambassador for British tennis and his natural talent and dedication to succeed is an inspiration to young people. Financial details for the "multi-year deal" were not disclosed.
Stanley added: "As a world-class tennis player of his stature and appeal, this sponsorship provides us with another global platform to showcase the Highland Spring brand."
Late last year, the water company unveiled a three-year, GBP1m (US$1.91m) sponsorship of 12 snooker players, giving Highland Spring presence on the players' waistcoats.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets