UK: Highland Spring nets deal with tennis star
UK-based bottled water producer Highland Spring has teamed up with the country's number one tennis player Andy Murray.
Murray, ranked 17 in the world, began sporting the Highland Spring logo at the Qatar Open in Doha yesterday (1 January).
"We're so enthusiastic about supporting Andy as his winning spirit is a breath of fresh air," said Sally Stanley, marketing director of Highland Spring. "He is a fantastic ambassador for British tennis and his natural talent and dedication to succeed is an inspiration to young people. Financial details for the "multi-year deal" were not disclosed.
Stanley added: "As a world-class tennis player of his stature and appeal, this sponsorship provides us with another global platform to showcase the Highland Spring brand."
Late last year, the water company unveiled a three-year, GBP1m (US$1.91m) sponsorship of 12 snooker players, giving Highland Spring presence on the players' waistcoats.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review