UK: Highland Spring nets deal with tennis star
UK-based bottled water producer Highland Spring has teamed up with the country's number one tennis player Andy Murray.
Murray, ranked 17 in the world, began sporting the Highland Spring logo at the Qatar Open in Doha yesterday (1 January).
"We're so enthusiastic about supporting Andy as his winning spirit is a breath of fresh air," said Sally Stanley, marketing director of Highland Spring. "He is a fantastic ambassador for British tennis and his natural talent and dedication to succeed is an inspiration to young people. Financial details for the "multi-year deal" were not disclosed.
Stanley added: "As a world-class tennis player of his stature and appeal, this sponsorship provides us with another global platform to showcase the Highland Spring brand."
Late last year, the water company unveiled a three-year, GBP1m (US$1.91m) sponsorship of 12 snooker players, giving Highland Spring presence on the players' waistcoats.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends