UK: Highland Spring launches “green” bottle
New bottle design by Highland Spring
UK bottled water producer Highland Spring is to launch new plastic bottle shapes for its sparkling water, using 9% less plastic.
The bottle, on shelf from March, weighs 21.5 grams for the 500ml bottle and 38 grams for the 1.5-litre bottle. The amount of paper used for each label has also been reduced by 39%, the firm said today (24 February).
Paul Condron, head of brand marketing for Highland Spring, said: “The sparkling bottled water market is in growth and as the market leader, we felt 2010 was the perfect time to refresh our sparkling range and give consumers something new.
“The new look fits with our consumers’ aspirations of drinking sparkling water for occasions such as family dining and entertaining when they may opt for water over alcohol or other soft drinks as a healthier and more natural accompaniment to food."
Highland Spring worked with Glasgow-based 999 Design to create the “more contemporary and environmentally friendly” bottle design.
In November, the firm agreed to buy the bottled water division of Dublin-based Greencore Group for GBP17.5m (US$29.1m).
The deal, which includes the company's Campsie Springs and Blaen Twyni facilities, will establish the Scottish company as the largest bottled water supplier in the UK.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review