UK: Highland Spring increases support for UK tennis
Highland Spring will continue its sponsorship of the GB Davis Cup team this year as well as becoming the first official supplier in the Lawn Tennis Association's commercial programme in the UK.
The Perthshire-based company said today (8 February) that the deal will see Highland Spring branding appear on all Davis Cup team wear at the forthcoming tie against Argentina in Buenos Aires and again at ties throughout the year.
Financial details behind the deal were not disclosed.
As the official supplier to the LTA, the bottled water company will also be present at all major LTA events including each of the international events staged at Eastbourne, Nottingham and Edgbaston. The new programme will see the LTA reduce the number of commercial partners down from 48 to around 10, the company said.
Highland Spring marketing director Sally Stanley said: "Developing our association with tennis is integral to our sports sponsorship campaign. This new LTA partnership and our continued support for the GB Davis Cup team provides us with an excellent platform to showcase the Highland Spring brand and demonstrates our long term commitment to supporting British tennis. It's also important for us to forge the link between active sports and good hydration and tennis does this perfectly."
LTA chief executive Roger Draper added: "We have made no secret of the fact that British tennis is looking for commercial partners to assist us in transforming the sport over the next five to ten years and having a brand as prestigious as Highland Spring is a perfect way to kick start our new commercial programme."
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends