UK: Highland Spring Group appoints new finance head
Highland Spring is eyeing new FMCG markets
Highland Spring Group has appointed a new finance director four months after overtaking Evian as the UK's top-selling bottled water brand.
Mark Steven, who started on Monday (19 August), will steer the company's expansion into broader FMCG markets, Highland Spring CEO Les Montgomery said today. “(Steven) will be a valuable asset to Highland Spring Group as we move into a new strategic phase,” Montgomery said.
Steven replaces Murray Falconer, who has taken on a new job nearer his home after five years with Highland Spring, a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
Steven was previously CFO at Vion Food Group and operations finance director of Grampian Country Food Group. The chartered accountant attended Harvard Business School and the University of Aberdeen, and has worked in the US and Thailand.
In April, figures from Zenith International showed that Highland Spring was the UK's most popular bottled water. Danone-owned Evian fell back to second, followed by Buxton, Volvic and Nestlé Pure Life.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Les Montgomery talking about the group's rise to the top, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
This month's management briefing takes a look at the last 12 months for the global drinks industry. In part one, Ben Cooper reviews the year in the bottled water category....
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward....
Japan's Suntory Beverage & Food has appointed Stanislas de Gramont to head its new European subsidiary....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages