Product Launch - UK: Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, 52.6% abv
Available - From late-December
Location - From specialist independent whisky retailers throughout the UK, the Highland Park distillery and www.highlandpark.co.uk
Price - RRP GBP85 (US$138) per bottle
Distribution - Maxxium UK - +44 1786 430 500
This limited edition 15-year-old Scotch has been launched to commemorate the life of Earl Magnus, an 11th century Christian who shared the rule of the Orkney Earldom with his cousin Haakon. Envious at the increasing popularity of his cousin, Haakon had his cousin slaughtered. Magnus's body was laid to rest on Egilsy and later at Birsay it was said that miracles of healing were experienced around his tomb.
The bottle is presented in a wooden box etched with Highland Park branding and the tale of Earl Magnus. It is sealed with a black stopper, coated in black wax stamped with the Highland Park 'H'.
Rémy Cointreau dampened the investor mood this morning by undershooting profits forecasts....
The Edrington Group has confirmed the appointment of a brand controller for its recently-acquired Cutty Sark Scotch whisky brand....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends