UK: Highland Park sponsors book festival
This is the fourth year that Highland Park has sponsored the venue, the 'Spiegeltent', Maxxium UK said today (4 August). It houses the festival's bar and café and will host Highland Park sampling.
The festival runs from 15 to 31 August and accommodates 200,000 book lovers.
Jen McLaren, assistant brand manager for Highland Park, said: "Research has shown us that literature rates highly as a key interest for malt drinkers and the Book Festival offers us a strong opportunity to engage with our core audience and create a managed, quality sampling experience."
Since undertaking the sponsorship activity, Highland Park sales have increased. Off-trade sales of Highland Park 12 Year Old rose by 36.5% between July 2007 and September 2008.
Scotch whisky distillers have welcomed news that Scotch will have protected name status in Malaysia and Thailand....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages