UK: Highland Park, Loganair deal takes flight
Maxxium said the partnership, confirmed yesterday (2 November), would celebrate both brands' heritage with Scotland's Orkney Islands.
Gordon Muir, senior brand manager for malt whiskies at Maxxium UK, said: "The unique Orkney peat that we cut from our own moor and use to malt our barley, the sea spray that drifts over the islands, and the cool, consistent climate all play a critical role in the flavour of Highland Park, so the islands are central to our identity and to our whisky."
Highland Park will also be promoted on board Loganair-operated British Airways flights throughout Scotland. The agreement will continue until 2009.
Highland Park is owned by Scotch whisky producer The Edrington Group, which is one of the four shareholders in the Maxxium distribution network.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a lift in wine and spirits revenues for the first quarter of this year....
Davide Campari-Milano has trimmed the size of its board and issued dividend details....
Maxxium UK has lined up an innovative approach to the Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand in the UK....
The head of United Spirits, has called for the deregulation of the global whisky industry....
A leading Bacardi executive has called on the Scotch whisky industry to radically rethink its rules on the definitions of Scotch whisky, questioning whether the strict guidelines were hindering Scotch...
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends