HOLLAND: High sales boast for InBev's PerfectDraft
Philips Electronics and InBev have sold around 30,000 PerfectDraft units since October, Philips said yesterday (20 December).
The two companies have seen demand stretch supply, with customers being urged to return their empty kegs as soon as possible, in order for InBev to maintain the supply of full kegs.
The home draft system has resulted in the sale of over 100,000 kegs of beer since its launch in Belgium and Luxembourg last year. Holland also started selling the system in October this year.
Heineken's BeerTender home draft system, meanwhile, has sold over 150,000 units since its launch in early 2004, with over 3m kegs of Heineken, Amstel, Brand and Wieckse Witte brands being sold in the same period.
Earlier this month, Heineken saw its legal challenge to Philips and InBev home draught system dismissed. The Dutch company had claimed that InBev's PerfectDraft system had infringed on intellectual property rights.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong has secured a deal to distribute InBev's products in the city and neighbouring Macau....
Investment bank Goldman Sachs has restarted coverage of InBev. It has given the world's largest brewer by volume an "outperform" rating....
InBev, is to close its Labatt's Toronto brewery by the end of the year, with repercussions for some 265 employees. ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
InBev has added a Russian brewery to its pilot project to improve efficiency throughout its operations....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research