POLAND: High hopes for Carlsberg by 2010
Carlsberg's Polish unit is looking to up its market share by the end of the decade. Carlsberg Polska said yesterday (26 October) that it hopes to increase its share in the country's beer market from the present 14% to 15%, to nearer 20% by 2010.
Making the claim to local reporters, company spokesperson Leszek Siwecki did not provide any further specific details.
For this year, the brewer forecasts sales of between 4.3m and 4.4m hectolitres, a slight rise from 2004, when Carlsberg sold 4.16m hectolitres, a year-on-year increase of 8%.
For the first nine months of 2005, the company saw beer sales also rise by 8% year-on-year to 3.4m hectolitres, with sales in the third quarter coming in at 4% above the same period a year earlier at 1.3m hectolitres.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends