USA: Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst to Sell Mumm and Perrier-Jouet Champagne Brands to Allied Domecq
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst (''Hicks Muse''), a leading private investment firm, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell G.H. Mumm & Cie. (''Mumm'') and Champagne Perrier-Jouet (''Perrier-Jouet'') to Allied Domecq PLC (''Allied Domecq'') for Euro 575 million (approximately $506 million) in cash. The businesses will be acquired debt free. It is expected that the transaction will be completed by the end of January 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller