USA: Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst to Sell Mumm and Perrier-Jouet Champagne Brands to Allied Domecq
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst (''Hicks Muse''), a leading private investment firm, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell G.H. Mumm & Cie. (''Mumm'') and Champagne Perrier-Jouet (''Perrier-Jouet'') to Allied Domecq PLC (''Allied Domecq'') for Euro 575 million (approximately $506 million) in cash. The businesses will be acquired debt free. It is expected that the transaction will be completed by the end of January 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch