Hess Family Wine Estates appoints new US, Canada western unit head
Hess Family Wine Estates (HFWE) has poached another Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) executive, this time to head up its US & Canada western division.
Michael Murphy, formerly TWE's Southern California market director, is to join the Switzerland-headquartered firm as director for its North America western unit. His remit will cover Arizona, California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho and Montana, plus the Western Canadian provinces.
It follows HFWE's appointment of John Grant, TWE's former senior marketing VP for the Americas, as COO for its Californian winery, The Hess Collection, in August.
Murphy will report to Grant in his new role. Grant said: "We're fortunate to have Michael join us during a period of great opportunity for Hess Family Wine Estates.
"He brings aboard a level of accomplishment, experience and insights that will prove valuable as we continue to introduce the next generation of Hess to the marketplace."
Hess Family Estates produces The Hess Collection wines from Mount Veeder in the Napa Valley; Artezin from California’s North Coast; MacPhail Family Wines, with Pinot Noir expressions from California; Peter Lehmann wines from Australia’s Barossa Valley; Colomé and Amalaya from Salta, Argentina, and Glen Carlou from Paarl, South Africa.
Treasury has faced troubled times in the US, following a AUD160m (US$145.7m) stock writedown in the country last year.
Late yesterday, Diageo announced the divestment of part of its wine operations to Australia-based Treasury Wine Estates (TWE). Here, we take a closer look at what the deal includes: ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts