US: Henriot Inc. appoints former Moët Hennessy exec as CEO
US-based wine importer Henriot Inc. has appointed a new CEO.
The wine and Champagne distributor, seller and marketer, which operates out of New York, confirmed yesterday (30 September) that former Moët Hennessy exec, Walter Sawitsky, will fill the position.
Prior to his time as senior vice president at Moët Hennessy USA, from where he retired recently, Sawitsky spent 13 years at Clicquot Inc. as senior vice president and CFO, where he worked with the Veuve Clicquot Champagne brand. During his term, he also served in general management roles for Pacific Echo Cellars and Newton Vineyard.
"Even through these very difficult economic times, Henriot Inc. continues to experience increased sales and distribution throughout the US," said company president, Stanislas Henriot. "At this critical point in our growth and through these challenging financial times, we believe Walter Sawitsky's extensive experience in the industry will be an incredible asset to our company."
Established in 2005, Henriot Inc.'s portfolio includes Bouchard Père & Fils, William Fèvre and the wines of Principe Corsini.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review