FRANCE: Hennessy to sell Hine to CL Financial
Reports indicate that Hine currently sells 80,000 cases annually (720,000 litres) compared to 240,000 cases several years ago.
According to an industry survey, the Hennessy group had global annual sales of 3.3m cases in 2002.
CL Financial has a number of interests in the spirits sector, including its Angostura subsidiary, which specialises in aromatic bitters and rums.
The holding company has made a number of investments in Europe recently, taking a stake in French drinks group, Belvédère and acquiring Scotch whisky producer, Burn Stewart Distillers.
Companies: LVMH Group
Interest gathers for Taittinger and Lanson. In stark contrast to most of the French wine industry, sales of Champagne have been growing steadily and it is no surprise to find that the possible sale of...
Available from just-drinks' research store now is the "Global market review of Champagne." The review not only looks at markets around the world, but also gives profiles of the main players in the sec...
French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported an 11% rise in full-year revenues from its wine and spirits business....
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has welcomed a Chinese court's decision to fine two companies for infringing its trademark on Hennessy Cognac....
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has distanced itself from the bidding for Lanson International, just-drinks understands....
Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) has entered the running for a stake in Lanson International, according to press reports....
Revenue at LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton reached €9.598bn for the first nine months of 2005, representing 12% organic growth from the corresponding period last year, the French drinks and luxury go...
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted an 11% rise in profit from recurring operations for the first half of 2005, from €982m to €1.09bn....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends