FRANCE: Hennessy launches "world's most expensive" Cognac
Hennessy yesterday (12 December) launched the world's most expensive Cognac, a limited edition blend that costs EUR150,000.
"It is really a work of art in which there is a bottle of Cognac," said Thibault Le Mailloux, Hennessy communications director.
The cognac, which is a blend of samples dating from between 1907 and 1960, was created as a birthday present for Killian Hennessy, the sixth generation descendant of Hennessy's founder who celebrated his 100th birthday this year.
The bottle, of Baccarat crystal, comes in a handmade mirrored glass and aluminium chest. Named "Beauté du Siècle" only 100 chests exist and the special cognac blend will not be sold separately.
One chest has already been presented to Killian Hennessy and another was donated and sold for US$200,000, to benefit Elizabeth Taylor's AIDS charity. Several more, said Le Maillot, have already been sold to buyers in Asia, Europe and America.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Camus Cognac has set up a new regional sales office in Vietnam and reorganised its commercial team in Asia/Pacific....
Grand Marnier is set to launch a seven-figure advertising and promotional campaign next month focused on a new summer cocktail Grand Esprit....
Diageo's Smirnoff vodka brand has held the top spot in this year's Intangible Business 'Power 100' chart for the third year running....
Maxxium Global Travel Retail has announced the appointment of Mariska Van Beukering to the position of marketing manager for Europe South and Middle East....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China