GERMANY: Henkell sees turnover fall sharply
The German sparkling wine company Henkell & Sohnlein saw its turnover for 2003 fall to €474m from €624m, as total sales fell 19% to 212.3m bottles (0.75 l), the German press reported today.
However, in the reports chairman Hans-Henning Wiegmann said that the company's earnings situation was "quite good" but declined to go into details. It was added that the first five months of 2004 were positive.
The company was hit hard by losing distribution rights to energy drink Red Bull and the soft drink Carpe Diem.
If this had not been the case sales would have declined by only 4.3%.
As in most markets, Red Bull leads the burgeoning energy drinks category in both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But growth in the sector has attracted a number of other players. Lubomir Sedlak repor...
Cott Corporation's acquisition of UK drinks company Macaw cements its UK division's position as the leading producer of own label soft drinks in the country. Annette Sessions assesses the deal and rep...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
Austrian drinks group Red Bull has confirmed that it is in talks to buy US soccer team New York MetroStars....
Austrian energy drinks group Red Bull saw revenues leap almost 29% in 2005, buoyed by "outstanding development" in four key regions, including the US....
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future