GREECE: Hellenic beats first half forecasts
Net profit for the first half rose from €02.m to €16.9m. Analysts had been expecting a figure of around €10m. "There will obviously be some impact on sales in the third quarter from this summer's poor weather but we maintain (our) full-year targets for 2002 of 14% to 16% EBITDA growth and 6% to 8% sales volume growth," said CCHBC managing director, Irian Finan.
First half EBITDA, expected to rise by around 11% from €248.7m to £275.9m, increased by 17% to €291.1m, boosted by strong sales growth in emerging markets like Ukraine and Romania and developing markets, including Hungary and the Czech Republic.
EBITDA in emerging markets was up by 48% at EUR83.9m, while the developing markets EBITDA increased by 54% from €29.8m to €45.9m. Volume sales in the company's largest emerging market, Russia, grew by 19% to 67m unit (5.68 litre) cases. Group revenues rose by 17% from €1.69 billion to €1.98 billion.
CCHBC restated its intention to develop sales of non-carbonated soft drinks. Finan said the company is aiming to increase sales of non-carbonated soft drinks to 20% of overall sales volumes over the coming three years against 13% in 2001.
Companies: Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling (CCHBC) has completed its buyout of Bankia....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has had its rating upped....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co stumped up around €202m (US$263.9m) for its recent acquisitions in Russian and Serbia, the company has said in its annual report....
The European Union has given Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. the green light to acquire Multon....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC) is mulling upping its presence in its domestic bottled water market....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has teamed up with The Coca-Cola Company to make a second Eastern European acquisition in 2005....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends