SWITZERLAND: Hellenic and Coke to acquire Valser
Soft drinks group, Hellenic Bottling Co., and Coca-Cola Co., are to acquire the Swiss mineral water company, Valser Mineralquellen AG, from the Bern-based Hess Group.
The deal includes the company's mineral water brands, notably Valser Classic, Valser Naturelle and Valser Limelite, in addition to its production and distribution facilities at Vals and Zizers.
"This acquisition is in line with our strategy to broaden the group's product mix beyond carbonated soft drinks," said Hellenic managing director, Irial Finan. "Valser is the premier mineral water company in Switzerland, with impressive sales growth in recent years. The Valser brands are an ideal complement to our existing range in Switzerland, including Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite and Nestea."
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is also conditional on the formal acceptance by the Coca-Cola board. The Hellenic board has already approved its participation in the deal.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends