Product Launch - US: Heineken's Newcastle Brown Ale Newcastle Werewolf
Click through to view Heineken's Newcastle Brown Ale Newcastle Werewolf
Heineken's Newcastle Brown Ale Newcastle Werewolf
Category - Beer, bottled, 4.5% abv
Available - From this month, for a limited period
Location - US, on-trade on draught, off-trade in six- and 12-pack 12oz bottles
Price - Not specified
Distribution - Heineken
The US division of Heineken has added a limited-release variant to its Newcastle Brown Ale beer brand in the country.
Newcastle Werewolf, which was trialled in several US markets last year, will be available nation-wide from this month until October.
Newcastle Brown Ale Brings Back Limited Edition Werewolf
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)
Newcastle Brown Ale today announced the first nationwide release of its limited edition beer, Newcastle Werewolf. On shelves now for a limited time, Werewolf is a dual-character brew that pours “blood” red, starting smooth and ending with a bite.
“Unlike the mythical wolf-like creature said to roam the bleak moorland surrounding Newcastle, England, this Werewolf is real,” said Charles van Es, brand director, Newcastle Brown Ale. “Everyone loves a good urban legend, so we’re hoping to take advantage of the werewolf story to sell more beer this fall.”
Brewed with rye malts and offering mellow overtones of slight berry fruit and roasted caramel notes with a lingering deep bite of bitterness from Fuggle and Golding hops, Newcastle Werewolf has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 4.5 percent with 23.4 International Bittering Units (IBUs).
Newcastle Werewolf is available nationally from August 2012 through October 2012 in 6-packs and 12-packs priced comparably to Newcastle Brown Ale. Werewolf will also be available on draught at pubs in select markets.
Original source: Company Release
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
He's back, Back, BACK. After an absence of almost two years, we're delighted to welcome Larry Nelson, the publisher of Brewers' Guardian, back into the just-drinks fold. and, to kick things off again,...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014