Product Launch - US: Heineken's Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale
Click through to view Heineken's Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale
Heineken's Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale
Category - Beer, blonde ale, 4.4% abv
Available - From May to July
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - Comparable to Newcastle Brown Ale
The US arm of Heineken has launched a limited-edition extension of its Newcastle beer brand in the country.
Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale is available for two months only and will be supported by a TV spot, Heineken USA said today (1 May). It is available nationally in six-bottle and 12-bottle packs and also on draught “in most markets”, Heineken said.
In March, Heineken USA updated the ad campaign for its Newcastle Brown Ale brand.
Newcastle Introduces Limited Edition Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale
New seasonal brew features swimsuit-clad woman on label to draw attention
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newcastle, the No Bollocks beer brand, today announced the release of its limited edition Newcastle Bombshell pale blonde ale. Available nationwide between May and July 2013, Newcastle Bombshell is a refreshing new addition to the Newcastle portfolio featuring an eye-catching blonde on the label intended to catch the eye of beer drinkers nationally. And sell more beer.
"An Englishman's first love will always be his brown ale, but now he can have a summer fling with a beautiful blonde," said Charles van Es, Brand Director, Newcastle Brown Ale. "With its golden ale color, light aroma and silky smooth finish, Newcastle Bombshell is a real British beauty worth waiting for, with a label as alluring as the beer inside."
Newcastle Bombshell is an English-style blonde ale that offers a floral hop aroma, a balanced and bittersweet flavor with toasted biscuit notes and a smooth clean finish with hints of caramel sweetness. Brewed with a combination of Cascade, Hellertau and Northdown hops, Newcastle Bombshell has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 4.4 percent with 28 International Bittering Units (IBUs). In other words, it's a great beer.
To support the release of Newcastle Bombshell, Newcastle is rolling out a series of consumer sampling events across the country and is also unveiling a new TV spot called "Bombshell," created by Droga5 New York. Featuring an array of pigment-challenged sunbathers, the spot proudly points out the similarities between the smooth, refreshing, new blonde ale and an Englishman in the midst of summer. Namely: they're both pale. "Bombshell" is the latest asset in the brand's No Bollocks 2013 marketing campaign dedicated to honesty and transparency in the beer category.
Newcastle Bombshell is available nationally in 6-bottle and 12-bottle packs priced comparably to Newcastle Brown Ale and may also be found on draught in most markets.
Original source: Company Release
Earlier today, Heineken reported a fall in Q3 net profits and flat sales in the first nine months of 2013. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region:...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts