Product Launch - US: Heineken's Indio
Click through to view Heineken's Indio
Category - Beer, Mexico, dark
Available - From this month
Location - US, on- and off-trade in seven key markets in California and Texas
Price - Not specified
Distribution - Heineken USA
Heineken has lined up the launch of Mexican dark beer Indio in selected US markets. Indio, which has been brewed and sold in Mexico since 1893, will be available in 12oz bottles in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. It will be offered in six- and 12-packs in the off-trade.
The beer will target Hispanic men aged 21 to 26 years old who are “constantly in search for brands that understand their need to express their identity by creatively fusing urban and Latino cultures”.
Formerly known as Cuauhtemoc beer, the brand changed its name to Indio in 1905. The label, which carries an image of an Aztec emperor had prompted the bar-call “Give me a beer of the Indian”.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research