Product Launch - UK: Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Click through to view Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Category - Beer, lemon-flavoured, 2% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP3.50 (US$5.48) per four-pack of 30cl bottles, GBP4.50 per six-pack
Distribution - Heineken UK
Heineken has launched a shandy-like variant of its Foster's beer brand in the UK.
Foster's Radler is aimed at 20-25-year-old men seeking to moderate their alcohol consumption. Brand director Gayle Harrison said: “We believe it will have wide appeal and there is a GBP300m growth opportunity to tap into.”
The launch will be backed by a GBP4m print and outdoor advertising campaign.
Radler is a lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style, created in the 1920s as refreshment for cyclists. The name means cyclist in German. Heineken has had some success with Radler versions of popular local lager brands in Poland, Romania, Austria, Hungary and Croatia, where Karlovacko Radler claimed 9.1% market share within five years.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research