Product Launch - UK: Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Click through to view Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Category - Beer, lemon-flavoured, 2% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP3.50 (US$5.48) per four-pack of 30cl bottles, GBP4.50 per six-pack
Distribution - Heineken UK
Heineken has launched a shandy-like variant of its Foster's beer brand in the UK.
Foster's Radler is aimed at 20-25-year-old men seeking to moderate their alcohol consumption. Brand director Gayle Harrison said: “We believe it will have wide appeal and there is a GBP300m growth opportunity to tap into.”
The launch will be backed by a GBP4m print and outdoor advertising campaign.
Radler is a lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style, created in the 1920s as refreshment for cyclists. The name means cyclist in German. Heineken has had some success with Radler versions of popular local lager brands in Poland, Romania, Austria, Hungary and Croatia, where Karlovacko Radler claimed 9.1% market share within five years.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research