Product Launch - UK: Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Click through to view Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Category - Beer, lemon-flavoured, 2% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP3.50 (US$5.48) per four-pack of 30cl bottles, GBP4.50 per six-pack
Distribution - Heineken UK
Heineken has launched a shandy-like variant of its Foster's beer brand in the UK.
Foster's Radler is aimed at 20-25-year-old men seeking to moderate their alcohol consumption. Brand director Gayle Harrison said: “We believe it will have wide appeal and there is a GBP300m growth opportunity to tap into.”
The launch will be backed by a GBP4m print and outdoor advertising campaign.
Radler is a lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style, created in the 1920s as refreshment for cyclists. The name means cyclist in German. Heineken has had some success with Radler versions of popular local lager brands in Poland, Romania, Austria, Hungary and Croatia, where Karlovacko Radler claimed 9.1% market share within five years.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research