Product Launch - UK: Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Click through to view Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Heineken's Foster’s Radler
Category - Beer, lemon-flavoured, 2% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP3.50 (US$5.48) per four-pack of 30cl bottles, GBP4.50 per six-pack
Distribution - Heineken UK
Heineken has launched a shandy-like variant of its Foster's beer brand in the UK.
Foster's Radler is aimed at 20-25-year-old men seeking to moderate their alcohol consumption. Brand director Gayle Harrison said: “We believe it will have wide appeal and there is a GBP300m growth opportunity to tap into.”
The launch will be backed by a GBP4m print and outdoor advertising campaign.
Radler is a lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style, created in the 1920s as refreshment for cyclists. The name means cyclist in German. Heineken has had some success with Radler versions of popular local lager brands in Poland, Romania, Austria, Hungary and Croatia, where Karlovacko Radler claimed 9.1% market share within five years.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends