SERBIA: Heineken wins Rodic Brewery race
Heineken has won the race to acquire Serbian brewer Rodic.
The Dutch company confirmed today (5 December) that it has bought the brewer for an undisclosed price, subject to the necessary regulatory approvals.
Located in Novi Sad in the north of Serbia, the Rodic facility has an annual capacity of 1.5m-hectolitres. Heineken said it estimates total sales volume for Rodic, whose portfolio consists of MB Premium, MB Pils and Master beer brands, will be around 500,000 hectolitres this year.
"This transaction further expands our leadership position across the fast growing Central and Eastern European region," said Nico Nusmeier, Heineken's regional president for Central and Eastern Europe. "The domestic and emerging export business of Rodic will make us the number three player in the Serbian market. With the modern facilities and brand portfolio we are well positioned to build a strong platform for the Heineken brand as well as an increasingly profitable business."
Local reports last month suggested that Carlsberg was thought to be interested in the sale of Pivara MB, part of Rodic, after the owners of the brewery were rumoured to be in talks with "four large world brewers" over the sale.
AmBev, InBev's Latin American operation, had a tough first quarter, hit by higher costs and poor weather in Brazil. Earlier this month, Olly Wehring met with Luiz Fernando Edmond, zone president for L...
Carlsberg is examining all options following the Scottish & Newcastle deal, but has not yet made any decisions on European brewery closures....
South Asia Breweries has launched Carlsberg's flagship namesake brand in India, targeting the country's growing appetite for premium beer....
Heineken has unveiled a restructuring programme in France, which will result in the loss of almost 200 jobs in the country....
Carlsberg has begun rolling out its DraughtMaster Professional System in the UK....
InBev is reportedly set to team up with Kool Breweries in India....
Carlsberg has announced that due diligence has been conducted regarding the possible sale of its stake in Türk Tuborg to CBC Group, and that negotiations are still ongoing....
Carlsberg's principal owner, the Carlsberg Foundation, has completed its disposal of rights to shares in connection with the Danish brewer's DK30.5bn ($6.3bn) share issue....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets