US: Heineken uses Stephen Merchant for Newcastle Brown Ale push - video
Heineken has launched a new US online campaign for its Newcastle Brown Ale brand starring British comedian Stephen Merchant.
The two-and-a-half minute spot – called 'If We Won' - features The Office co-creator ironically mocking Americans for celebrating Independence Day. “America, if we (Britain) had won the war you'd have way better comedy, news TV programmes and way better rude words,” Merchant says.
Heineken said the campaign aims to “poke fun at rampant patriotic displays by American brewers”. The Dutch brewer has created Independence Eve, an American “holiday” designed specifically to sell British beer.
"It's not easy to sell a British beer during a supremely American holiday, so we're imagining how great America could have been - and how much beer we could have sold - if the Brits had won the Revolutionary War," said Quinn Kilbury, brand director for Newcastle Brown Ale.
Heineken has also launched a standalone website for the campaign.
Elizabeth Hurley and Zachary Quinto will also feature in the campaign with their own videos, according to trade publication Adweek.
Heineken Romania SA is expected to consolidate its leading position in beer by further investing in its production facilities and introducing new products. After a successful 2012 for its flavoured/mi...
The cider/perry market has witnessed phenomenal developments in the last ten years, making it the World's fastest-growing alcoholic drinks category, in volume terms....
Heineken's "solid progress" during the first quarter - to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer - could be checked temporarily over the next three months....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends