US: Heineken USA chief steps down
The president and CEO of Heineken USA, Don Blaustein, is to step down following a "difference of opinion" on company strategy.
Blaustein, who has been with Heineken for nearly five years, will leave the brewer at the end of August, the group announced yesterday (13 August).
His departure appeared to have been at least partly prompted by internal disagreement over company strategy.
Blaustein said: "This is not a decision that I made overnight. Given my own career aspirations and a different view of how to build our business/portfolio in the current economic climate, I thought it best that we part ways."
He added: "Heineken USA has a passionate and talented team that will continue to bring success to the business and I am personally looking forward to starting a new stage in my career."
Heineken's regional president for the Americas, John Nicolson, will oversee the US business until a replacement for Blaustein has been found.
Nicolson said: "In his nearly 5 years at Heineken, Don has made strong contributions to the company including leading the successful launch of Heineken Light, managing the important Femsa portfolio and leading the integration of the Newcastle Brown Ale brand into Heineken USA."
Asia Pacific Breweries has completed deals to acquire Heineken's controlling stakes in Multi Bintang of Indonesia and Grand Brasseries de Nouvelle Caledonie....
Coca-Cola FEMSA, the soft drinks arm of Mexican drinks group FEMSA, has raised US$500m by selling 10-year bonds in US capital markets....
Heineken has been forced to temporarily suspend operations at its two newly-installed biomass plants in the UK....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom