UK: Heineken ups Foster's comedy credentials with Fast Show return
Heineken has been active of late in strengthening Foster's ties with comedy in the UK
Heineken is ramping up the comedy focus of its Foster's lager brand in the UK, with the return of 1990s comedy series The Fast Show exclusively online.
The brand, which sponsors the Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards, the 2011 British Comedy Awards, will sponsor a new series of the sketch show from 14 November exclusively on www.fostersfunny.co.uk. The website already hosts exclusive episodes of 'Mid-Morning Matters with Alan Partridge' and 'Vic & Bob’s Afternoon Delights'.
“We’re delighted by our collaboration with the Fast Show team and we are looking forward to bringing new comedy material to Foster’s fans from November,” said Gayle Harrison, marketing manager for Foster’s at Heineken UK.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
In the first part of this five-part briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the use of water in the brewing process, and brewers' attempts to reduce the amount wasted, as part of their sustainability efforts....
Part two of this month's briefing sees Ben Cooper consider the role water plays when it comes to the raw materials for brewers....
In the penultimate part of this month's briefing, Ben Cooper turns his attention to energy use and carbon emissions from the multinational brewers....
The fifth and final part of February's management briefing focuses on the role packaging plays in the brewers' battles to operate more sustainably....
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of Heineken's CFO, Rene Hooft Graafland, on the brewer's FY results, which were released this morning....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends