US: Heineken updates Heineken, Heineken Light bottles in US
Click through to view the new 'Star Bottle' from Heineken
Heineken has begun the national roll-out of new packaging for its two main beer brands in the US.
The company said late yesterday (28 February) that the 'Star Bottle', which was trialled in New York state last year, will roll out across the US this month for the Heineken and Heineken Light brands. Changes to the bottle, including a taller, slimmer neck, a curved embossment and a thumb groove that encourages drinkers to hold the bottle at a lower point, have been designed to “give it a more modern air of confident masculinity”.
The revamp, which can be viewed by clicking through from the image on the right, will affect the 12oz and 22oz bottles. The secondary packaging for Heineken and Heineken Light, including the six-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, 24-pack and Draught Keg, will also be updated.
The move will be backed by a marketing and sales plan that will feature TV, digital and OOH media support, retail and on-premise programming as well as event activation.
Earlier today, Heineken proposed the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors.
Heineken has avoided action from the UK's advertising authorities after a complaint over a TV ad for Bulmers. ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research