US: Heineken updates Heineken, Heineken Light bottles in US
Click through to view the new 'Star Bottle' from Heineken
Heineken has begun the national roll-out of new packaging for its two main beer brands in the US.
The company said late yesterday (28 February) that the 'Star Bottle', which was trialled in New York state last year, will roll out across the US this month for the Heineken and Heineken Light brands. Changes to the bottle, including a taller, slimmer neck, a curved embossment and a thumb groove that encourages drinkers to hold the bottle at a lower point, have been designed to “give it a more modern air of confident masculinity”.
The revamp, which can be viewed by clicking through from the image on the right, will affect the 12oz and 22oz bottles. The secondary packaging for Heineken and Heineken Light, including the six-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, 24-pack and Draught Keg, will also be updated.
The move will be backed by a marketing and sales plan that will feature TV, digital and OOH media support, retail and on-premise programming as well as event activation.
Earlier today, Heineken proposed the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages