US: Heineken updates Heineken, Heineken Light bottles in US
Click through to view the new 'Star Bottle' from Heineken
Heineken has begun the national roll-out of new packaging for its two main beer brands in the US.
The company said late yesterday (28 February) that the 'Star Bottle', which was trialled in New York state last year, will roll out across the US this month for the Heineken and Heineken Light brands. Changes to the bottle, including a taller, slimmer neck, a curved embossment and a thumb groove that encourages drinkers to hold the bottle at a lower point, have been designed to “give it a more modern air of confident masculinity”.
The revamp, which can be viewed by clicking through from the image on the right, will affect the 12oz and 22oz bottles. The secondary packaging for Heineken and Heineken Light, including the six-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, 24-pack and Draught Keg, will also be updated.
The move will be backed by a marketing and sales plan that will feature TV, digital and OOH media support, retail and on-premise programming as well as event activation.
Earlier today, Heineken proposed the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly