UK: Heineken unveils Olympic sponsorship
The sponsorship will include the use of the BOA logo on Heineken packs and bottles from March 2004.
"The Olympics has a unique profile, and the Sydney Games was the most watched sports event ever," says Leslie Meredith, marketing director of Heineken UK. "84% of the entire British population watched the 2000 Olympics and interest is forecast to be even higher for the Athens Games, when many of the events will be screened on prime time TV.
John Ricketts, Heineken UK off-trade sales director says: "Our sponsorship of the BOA will give us exclusive use of the Olympics name and logo in the beer category to boost sales through on-pack designs and in-store merchandising. Retailers stocking Heineken will therefore be able to capitalise on the excitement and interest in the Olympics next year."
Heineken said the support of the BOA will form part of an integrated, heavyweight campaign in 2004, including advertising, sales promotion and in-store activity.
Simon Clegg, chief executive of the BOA, says: "We are delighted to welcome Heineken to the British Olympic family. Their sponsorship will ensure that we can provide the best possible support for British athletes to reach their full potential at the Athens Olympic Games next year where we expect there will be much to celebrate."
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages